What is the Ultimate Weapon? It's Prayer.
How Are We Supposed To Use It?
Ephesians 6:18 (NIV) - “With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints…”
1. With all Prayer - “Pray all prayer and petition...” (6:18a)
2. Pray At All Times - “Pray at all times...” (6:18b)
Acts 1:14 - “They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.”
Acts 2:42 - “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.”
1 Thessalonians 5:17 - “Pray without ceasing…”
3. In the Spirit - “Pray at all times in the spirit...” (6:18)
Romans 8:26-27 - “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.”
Acts 4:29 - “Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness.”
4. With all Perseverance - “...And with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition.” (6:18b)
Matthew 7:7 - “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
5. For all Believers - “...With all perseverance and all petition for all the saints...” (6:18e)
Ephesians 6:19-20 - “Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.”