Are we living in the Last Days?
Luke 21:28 - “Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
Signs concerning the last days:
- Increase of wars and rumors of wars (Matthew 24:6-7)
- Extreme materialism & lawlessness (2 Timothy 3:1-2)
- Earthquakes, floods, famines, plagues and diseases like the world has never seen. (Matthew 24, Luke 21)
- Rapid increase of knowledge (Daniel 12:4)
- Wide spread violence (Revelation 9:21)
- False prophets and false teachers (Matthew 24:24)
- People would reject true Bible teaching and seek out teaching that suited their own passions (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
- Increase in persecution of Christians (Matthew 24:9, Mark 13:9)
- Increase in abnormal sexual activity (Romans 1:17-32, Jude 1:18)
- People would become lovers of themselves and pleasure (2 Timothy 3:2,4)
- The Gospel would be proclaimed to every nation (Matthew 24:14)
- Israel (Ezekiel 37, Ezekiel 39, Amos 9, Isaiah 11, Zechariah 12:10)
Matthew 24:36 - “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.”
1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 - “For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.”
What is the Rapture?
Rapture: "To be caught up or carried away."
Matthew 24:40-41 - “Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left.”
What is the Tribulation?
Revelation 3:10 - “Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:9, Romans 14:10, I Corinthians 3:12-15, Revelation 13:3, 14; Revelation 13:16-17; Revelation 12:14; Zechariah 13:9
Revelation 19:11-16 - “Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems, and He has a name written that no one knows but Himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which He is called is The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following Him on white horses. From His mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.”
What will the Millennium look like?
Revelation 20:4 - “Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.”
- What about those who rejected Christ their Savior?
Revelation 20:15 - “And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.”
How can I prepare myself for the Last Days?
- Live your life with the end in mind.
- Don’t worry, don’t live in fear and don’t overreact.
- Do your part in making sure others are ready.
- If you have never received Christ, don’t wait!