Luke 10:38-42 – “Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”
- Why Is It So Easy For Women To Lose Their Focus?
- Our society promotes a “Super Mom” image of women.
As a result women often feel that they are not:
• Godly enough
• Loving enough
• Doing enough
1. Women live in constant tension between the urgent and the important.
2. Women tend to compare themselves to other women.
3. The church promotes an image of Christianity that celebrates performance and achievement.
These are the results we get from performance-based Christianity:
1. What is the Solution To Getting Ourselves Refocused?
2. Relax and let God live His life through you.
Psalm 46:10 – "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
• Rest in who God made you to be.
Ephesians 2:10 – “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
• Focus on Jesus while you’re doing everything else you’ve been asked to do.
How do we focus on Jesus?
• Learn to sit at His feet
Matthew 6:33 – "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
- Invite Him into the chaos of your day.
Colossians 3:23 – “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men...”
- Find your significance and self-worth in Him alone
Colossians 2:9-10 – “For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.”
Our Groups team is throwing a summertime party! If you’re taking the summer off, consider joining us for our Summer Sessions coming June 23, 30 and July 14, 21 at the church. These will be midsized groups. Each session stands alone, so choose one, two or all four and come as a group! It’ll be some good fun!