7 out of 10 Georgians do not know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
West Ridge Church Mission Statement - Leading people on a life changing journey to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. -Matthew 28:19-20
What is a disciple?
A Fully Devoted Follower of Jesus Christ
What is our strategy for making disciples at West Ridge Church?
Life Change Journey!
Four Components On This Journey
Love, Grow, Serve, Share
My Ministry Mission
To build an army that, without compromise, will reach an entire region and world for Christ.
What Do We Believe About Sharing Our Faith In God With Others?
- Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. -Matthew 28:19
- Every believer has a mandate from Jesus to share their faith with people in their life, in their community, and around the world.
- But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? -Romans 10:14
- Jesus promises to empower us with the Holy Spirit to fulfill this mandate.
- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8
- Without receiving God’s free gift of salvation a person will end up separated from God and in a real place called hell for eternity.
- For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9
- For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. -Romans 6:23
- And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. -Revelation 20:15
How Should A Full Devoted Follower Respond To The Call To Share Our Faith In God With Others?
- We need to pray for the lost in our community, country, and world.
- He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.” -Matthew 9:37-38
- We need to be “All In” when it comes to sharing our faith.
- So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us. -1 Thessalonians 2:8
- We need to have a personal plan to share our faith.
- Begin with prayer
- For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” -Galatians 5:13-14
- Every small group needs a person, place, our purpose they are BLESSing
- Groups on mission - groups of people living out the mission of Jesus together in their communities and the world.
What Are The Roadblocks to Share?
- Lack of Confidence
How Does West Ridge Church Want To Partner With You On Your Journey To Share?
West Ridge Partnerships
- We are going to train you to share.
- We are going to provide opportunities for you to share.
- Community: West Ridge ministries
- Serve Saturday
- Community Makeover
- Hope For Christmas
- Kids Beach Clubs
- Serve at one of our local church plants
- Warehouse of Hope
- Breakfree (mentoring)
- MUST Ministries
- Go on a trip to one of our adopted cities in the US
- Church planting
- Sponsor a child through Compassion InternationalGo on an overseas missions trip (Nicaragua, Cuba, Burkina Faso Africa, Guatemala)
- Partner with us to care for our missionaries (Spain, Thailand, Brazil, China, Turkey)
Why are we called to share?
- People are lost!
- For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” -Luke 19:10
- Everyone deserves the opportunity to be brought to Jesus